Monday 20 February 2012

HOPE! It's all we have

HOPE! Its all we have

Shall the east bear the sun
On his shoulders early every morn
Shall the birds herald dawn
Every time the stars are gone

Shall the sweat on my brow ever dry
Or the tears at midnight that roll down my cheek
Shall I find reward for my daily try
Any coin for my wounds and my bones now weak

Shall there be rest at dusk
For we now covered with dust
Is there a price for the battles I've won
For the hurdles I've passed on this great run

Shall the crying child have a reason to smile
Is there a bright future for these feeble minds
Shall there be bliss in the world tomorrow
After today's bloodshed and grim that bends my shadow

Shall the morning come
When you'll know what to say
To the one who whispers your song
Or shall his voice fade like the dew someday

Shall the flowers wilt
In his hands as he would tilt

Is there life in tomorrow
Or shall our children find where to borrow

Will we find rest
After our struggle,after we've done our best

Shall we eat
Of our labour's meat

Shall the sun always rise
At dawn,in the skies

All we can do is hope

by Aniekan Etetim

No comments:

Post a Comment